Hi, I’m Dominique. I started blogging in November 2015, several weeks after I gave birth to my daughter prematurely. As you can imagine, I wrote sporadically for a couple of months as I struggled to accept what happened. It hasn’t been easy but I have finally mustered the courage to start working through that situation as well as other parts of my chaotic life. This blog is merely one tool in my wellness journey kit. I would love for you to come along. Here I will share my thoughts on topics such as:
- life as a Black woman in the U.S.
- grieving the loss of a parent
- mental illness
- familial conflict (such as domestic violence and alcoholism)
- developing a positive relationship with food and my body
- random glimpses of my everyday life
- above all–honesty.
My hope is that one day I can shift all of these posts into a category labeled ‘release’ but I realize I have to work from where I am right now. Thank you for taking the time to visit my page.
With love and light,